(Credit and link to: someecards.com)
Let’s face it: most of us know, as we’re buying our losing lottery ticket, that we won’t be flying off to our newly purchased tropical island on our newly purchased private jet. Yet, we do it anyway.
It’s fun to dream…
With the jackpot currently at $9oo million, how can one resist?
Here’s how (consider the following):
- You’re more likely to die getting hit by a car as a pedestrian, in an airplane crash, getting struck by lightning, or stung by a wasp
- You’re more likely to be attacked by a shark
- You’re more likely to be elected president of the United States
- You’re more likely to be born with extra fingers or toes
- You’re more likely to be drafted into the NBA
The odds are 1 in 175,223,510; not real good.
I took a class in Finite Math, which studies odds, probabilities, and the like. After completing the course I vowed never to play the lottery again and suggested they teach the class to people in Gamblers Anonymous.
But, eventually someone has to win!
So, after I enter the HGTV Dream Home Sweepstakes, I gotta run out and buy a lottery ticket…have a great weekend!! 🙂